Presently accepting applications for a Full Time Activity Leader to work in our long-term healthcare facility, working with Memory Care/Dementia Care Geriatric residents, enhancing their quality of life by creating and providing for, multiple recreational activities; including but not limited to leading group games, reading stories, music, arts, and crafts, facilitating participation in large group activities.
Hours are primarily 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Must be able to work every other weekend.
The Successful candidate must be able to demonstrate creative activities with geriatric & dementia populations that they participate in or coordinated, and/or creative group recreational activities they have lead, and previous work experience with older populations.
Job Duties will include:
- Learning new residents’ leisure time interest needs and planning, and organizing and implementing recreational programs to meet the residents’ needs.
- Facilitation of recreational programs.
- Engaging residents in participating in group activities, and individual recreational activities, daily.
- Assist with transporting residents to activities.
- Document resident participation levels, and resident interests.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, every other weekend, and occasional holidays.
- Must have good creative abilities, verbal and written communication skills, and computer skills
- Additional duties as needed to fulfill the needs of the department or facility.
Minimum Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Geriatrics, Therapeutic Recreation or related, and/or experience working with the geriatrics and dementia patients. Creative with music, crafts, group activities, and individualized activities.
Desired Qualifications: frequently participates in one or more craft/hobby activities, musical (plays an instrument), very social, patient and friendly.
Iroquois Skilled Nursing Community offers excellent job benefits including low-cost health insurance, free life insurance, 401k with company match, liberal paid time off, free urgent care services, free parking, weekly paycheck, and much more! We are located 10 minutes from downtown Syracuse, 30 minutes from Fulton, 40 minutes from Auburn, 30 minutes from Cortland, and 45 minutes from Oneida.
Iroquois Skilled Nursing Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How Can We Help?