Letter to Family Members and Friends
Immediate Measures We Have Taken Include:
- Cancellation of resident outings and of incoming entertainment/community/ volunteer groups
- Weekly testing of staff
- Enhanced disinfection processes
- Mandatory staff education regarding infection control practices and procedures
- Heightened infection control measures
- Keeping informed of all new developments and recommendations from federal, state, and local regulatory agencies
Those individuals that must enter the facility, including our staff, contractors and vendors, must complete a health screening AND provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 test within the past 7 days.
We are happy to facilitate phone calls or to utilize interactive technology for virtual visits. The resident/ family should let the unit manager or social worker know if they would like to have a virtual visit with their loved one.
Our staff is working diligently to ensure minimal disruption to our residents’ daily routines.
Iroquois Skilled Nursing Community will continue to update our community with new developments.
We will make exceptions for those residents who are actively at end of life, provided family members clear our screening process.
Updates to this chart occur when COVID-19 status changes (12/1/20)
|Iroquois COVID-19 Status||Result|
|Residents testing positive for COVID-19 and moved to dedicated COVID unit||0|
|Residents recovered and transferred off of the dedicated COVID-19 unit||2|
|Sadly, resident deaths in dedicated COVID-19 unit after testing positive||5|
|Staff members testing positive for COVID-19 and currently furloughed||4|
How Can We Help?